2. If the incident involves any of the following in or adjacent to the lake:
- Oil or gas spills of any quantity
- Abandoned containers of unknown or known contents
- Chemical spills or explosions/fires
- Bulk transport (e.g., gasoline truck)
- Electrical transformers
Also call N.J. Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP)
Emergency Response Hotline at 973-631-6385 during business hours
OR 1-877-WARN-DEP (1-877-927-6337) during non-business hours.
Tell them that you already have called 911.
3.Call the Lake Hopatcong State Police
Station at 973-663-3401 or 973-663-3400.
Tell them that you already have called 911 and NJDEP.
4. Contact the closest Police/Fire departments:
- Hopatcong Borough - 973-770-1200
- Jefferson Township - 973-697-1300
- Mt. Arlington - 973-398-2100 (police); 973-398-3440 (fire)
- Roxbury Township - 973-448-2100
- Hopatcong State Park - 973-398-7010
Tell them that you already have called 911, NJDEP, and the State Police.
5. Call the Lake Hopatcong Commission at 973-601-1070.